STEM Digital Library Resources Webinar Online
The Nancy Thompson Learning Commons at Kean University provides access to information resources meant to support the research activities of Kean faculty and students. This online workshop will focus on how you can use WorldCat Discovery to access STEM-related books, ebooks, articles, and videos available through Kean University’s Learning Commons. In addition, webinar attendees will consider best practices for selecting other science and multidisciplinary databases relevant for particular research interests and will explore key word searching strategies, tips for accessing peer-reviewed articles, and citation tool options. This live webinar will give you the opportunity to ask questions related to your own research project.
- The workshop will guide participants through the use of WorldCat Discovery to search for and access books, ebooks, articles, multimedia, Open Educational Resources, and more.
- The workshop will highlight the wide variety of science and multidisciplinary resources accessible through the Databases A-Z page.
- The workshop will cover Periodicals A-Z as an entry point to the digital periodicals collection.
- The workshop will feature database searching strategies that will produce relevant search results for topics of interest.
- The workshop will introduce how members of the Kean community may use Google Scholar to access full-text articles for free through Kean's library databases.
- Participants will be aware of and able to access the search interfaces for WorldCat Discovery and more than 250 multidisciplinary and subject-focused databases to which Kean University subscribes.
- Participants will be able to develop and implement database search strategies that will help them access relevant books/ebooks, journal articles, data, and other relevant information sources.
- Participants will be able to revise Google Scholar settings in order to access "Full Text @ Kean University."
Related LibGuide: Student Guide by Kean University Featured Guides
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Information Literacy Library Resources Library Services Students